I have yet to meet one person who agrees with me about the enormous benefits of having one world government. I ask them what they have against it, and the only answer I have received so far is "What happens if that government is corrupt" well I answer with this, "OH well, arent all governments corrupt. If a system was designed properly to prevent corruption, you would see less of it in a global government then you see in the hundreds across the world."
Also with this unified earth would come the disapearance of war, the even distribution of resources, and focus on global projects instead of national ones.

Is it not about time that we unify our little blue planet?

Views: 28

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

There will still be war, though. Rival states or sub-states will challenge each other and old grudges may hold. But it's not a half-bad idea. I understand that it will most definitely allow for a better flow of resources and focused efforts.
It's not bad idea with planet government (in Star Wars it was too :) but i think better can be a government for each continets...i donno how u imagine the world government but the continents are smaller and i mean i can be easier to guard and pacific them...
what would you need to guard against if you had a world government?
Heh don't be silly always will be anyone who'll want to more than he have...It'll must be utopy where people have everything what they want.
well, with even distribution of resources, and free sharing of information on a global scale, every1 would have what they wanted. This would be a utopian situation.
It would eventually greatly interweive with technology as everything was slowly transitioned to computer control and people had to work less and less. gotta look at the big picture
Yeah it's look like good picture of future :) But if people will work less and less the start boring...U show me a great idea of utopian future but i mean the menkind still want more and more...
You mean even distribution as in kinda like communism? It wouldn't matter anyway in that sense because we wouldn't have enough supplies for everyone.
America itself can produce enough food to feed everyone in the entire world
The final form of communism is about as far from centralized government control you can get.

The problem with discussions about communism is that both the process of becoming a communist society, and the final goal of that process (a Classless, Stateless society), are called "communism", even though the process in no way resembles the final goal.
I didn't say it, but if people don't work what will they do? I can't imgine i never work and all my life do some sports or computer games or anythig else it must be so boring life without any interesting and risking situatinon...i read abyout this...people hadn't to work and they invite new fun...the was hunt themselves....
Maybe, if you can convince me that a system can be designed so that it can not be corrupted.

Until then: even more power in even fewer hands; bad idea.

Besides, why would we want a one-world government? Which problem does it solve, and how does it solve that problem?
#1 it solves war because there are no longer boundries, territories, or resources to fight over.
#2 it solves all the hunger and medical issues in the world, as the resources would then be evenly distributed and aid would be international.
#3 with the even distribution of resources and redirection of those resources away from national conflicts, we could now put those resources into solving international problems like global warming and the energy crisis

RSS

Latest Activity

July Ventura updated their profile
2 hours ago
July Ventura left a comment for Cristiano
"Oi"
3 hours ago
July Ventura and Cristiano are now friends
3 hours ago
Altra replied to Altra's discussion Hello, again.
"Haha. It's going, or maybe I should say growing? Facial hair is nice, it's always wonderful to have something tug on when your sitting alone contemplating things. Or trying to appear like you are. I'm letting the hair go now too,…"
15 hours ago
Vic replied to Altra's discussion Hello, again.
""Castrationator"... oooh, I totally remember you now. How's it going Jacob? I see you got yourself a a serious philosopher beard while you were gone."
15 hours ago
Altra replied to Altra's discussion Hello, again.
"Alas, Castrationator and Bruce are no longer a part of my life. I am a single man, baby. And I feel you on the egg sandwiches, there's a reason they're sold in 'gas' stations I think. I blew the Tie fighter up as well."
20 hours ago
Captain Sebulba Jonson replied to Altra's discussion Hello, again.
"Welcome back, Jacob. I remember you from times when man was not obsessed by his deterministic notion of time.  It is not coincidental that the first world trivialities of a procrastinating young English teen like Conor would need the diagnosis…"
21 hours ago
pauL replied to Kawaiijius's discussion Song Dedication Thread v2.0
"for vic arrrrruuuuuuuuuuu <iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NAZTzaQ-sSc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>"
yesterday
RIMILITIA and KitKat are now friends
Wednesday
Vic left a comment for KitKat
"Welcome to ipower, KitKat. :)"
Wednesday
RIMILITIA left a comment for KitKat
"Greetings and Welcome to I-Power KitKat"
Tuesday
KitKat is now a member of I Power
Tuesday

© 2014   Created by Reese Leysen.