On Wednsday, December 8th, I will do a live stream to go over the basics of what quantum mechanics is and some of the applications of the study. I'll also explain why a unifying theory is so difficult to find and the application of what that can do.

Among the topics I will talk about:

A world of chance VS. a world of application
Superposition
Entanglement
Dark Matter/Dark Energy
What is a unifying theory?
What is "quantum mechanics" and how is it different from the standard model

I will of course answer whatever questions

Keep in mind- I am NOT an expert in Quantumn Physics. I just know the basics from studying many books and obsessively watching the science channel. I just believe it would be nice for the community to have a basic understanding of what a unifying theory is before ASC comes out.

If Dean, Reese, or Athene would like to watch it too- would be great.

Also note: i have no clue what ASC is, or what the project entails. i just know it's how quantum mechanics and neuroscience relates. Which i've been trying to figure out... but i cannot find a correlation between quantum physics and neuroscience (i mean, there are the obvious- nerves, electrical signals, and what not- but how it directly relates to 'consciousness', I have no clue)

I'll try to answer any questions I can, keep in mind, though, that my knowledge is limited.

Where: Ipower Video/Chat tab
When: December 8th
Time: 4PM Central US time- no clue what time that is for all of you. but the internet will answer that

Tags: ASC, arthur, mechanics, quanumn

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and whatever cool things that come up, either relevant or totally off topic, lol. might go into astrobiology because of the new Microbe
Count me in!
This. Is. Awesome!
don't forget to remind us with a mail or somethin
HAI KIDS, so just as a reminder, I'll be on live-stream at 4:00 PM Central US time tommorow, Wednsday the 8th.

RSS

Latest Activity

Captain Sebulba Jonson commented on Captain Sebulba Jonson's photo
Thumbnail

political compass

"You, of all people, should know that I am above labels, a loyal Athenist. "
11 hours ago
Clark Kant commented on Captain Sebulba Jonson's photo
Thumbnail

political compass

"There was one guy missing."
15 hours ago
Captain Sebulba Jonson posted a photo

political compass

gg. where do you stand?
yesterday
Profile IconJohn James Boxshall and Marjan Bonev joined I Power
yesterday
The Shiznit replied to Fionn T's discussion What's your character flaw? What do you intend to do about it?
"Posting not so much for the learning aspects, but because the vid makes some good points about failing.  ;) "
yesterday
Clark Kant replied to Clark Kant's discussion RIMILITIA'S COMEBACK [RAW]
"Joey plays his character, Molly is a computer voice generator. I do the rest of the voices."
Sunday
RIMILITIA replied to Clark Kant's discussion RIMILITIA'S COMEBACK [RAW]
"Who does the Voices in the Video? "
Sunday
Jakob replied to Fionn T's discussion What's your character flaw? What do you intend to do about it?
"Very interesting discussion. Something I think about a lot.  I can definitely identify with Fionn's fear of failure. I experience this in lots of things I do, from procratinating to do a fleeting sketch because of fear it might turn out…"
Sunday
Clark Kant replied to Fionn T's discussion What's your character flaw? What do you intend to do about it?
Saturday
Fionn T's discussion was featured

What's your character flaw? What do you intend to do about it?

Everybody has one, or sometimes more than one. Mine is a fear of failure. Atychiphobia. This leads into playing it safe, not taking huge risks, with work, education, friends,…See More
Saturday
Clark Kant replied to Clark Kant's discussion RIMILITIA'S COMEBACK [RAW]
"New episode is up, featuring 2 new wrestlers!!!"
Saturday
Captain Sebulba Jonson replied to Fionn T's discussion What's your character flaw? What do you intend to do about it?
"I don't think there's a specific name for my character flaw, or maybe I just haven't researched it in detail enough to know what it's called.  Anyways, I tend to have a lot of difficulty maintaining friends. It has nothing…"
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Reese Leysen.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service