frankly, i haven't heard one logical reason why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed here in the united states. and i was wondering if anyone here on i power actually have non religious reasons why gay marriage should stay illegal.

Tags: gay, marriage

Views: 381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks! That's what were here for, to open each others views a little.

No hard feelings in my word use. And you didn't offend me either. We're cool. ;)

As you can tell, most people don't often think about gays. People should be free to share there opinion. So if people never talked about gays to get to know that they are just people, and when they first come in contact with a gay person it can be a bit awkward.

I have the same problem with people who I don't (take the time for to) understand. Because they simply aren't in my life (yet).

Since this thread is already bumped and the Thread started is still active,

It's nice to see this thread open up with positive opinions.

I live in Belgium and here society mostly has grown apart from the catholic church. Marriage has become a sign of "2-people who think they'll love each other for ever". If you're gay, you can marry in church if they agree. But most of the gay people stay out of this homo-hostile environment. So they just marry in the City Hall.

My question on the case is, to the people who care gay marriage should stay illegal, why do you care?

It's not like you have to protect society. Homosexuality is part of life. If you protect your kids from homosexuals, you make a problem out of homosexuality. Sure homosexuals want equal human rights, but I bet you do too. Why shouldn't gays be allowed to have the same rights as you do?

Marriage becomes less and less part of religion, more about what the government has to offer for you.

I think this tread is about trying to discuss with people who have negative views upon homosexuality. I can only applaud that. To contribute, here is 1 more positive answer. ;)

For anyone who thinks that being gay is a immoral or a choice, I implore you to watch the documentary For the Bible Tells Me So. I watched the film in my first semester of college in sociology, and it solidified my beliefs on homosexuality. If you do indeed watch it, I'd love to know what others think of it. (It is on netflix btw).

sort of relevant...

Please sign this petition to stop Russia from passing a law that would make any mention of lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender issues illegal.

http://www.allout.org/en/actions/russia_silenced/

Alright, I have three questions.

First: Why can´t people not just mind there own business? Let them do, what they want, as long as it doesn´t affect you.

Second: What is marriage, but reduced taxes and living together(if talking about not religious marriage)?

And third: How can you believe in a god, who not only is loving, but is the definition of the word love, who is forgiving, whenever you ask him to and forgives all your sins, and still think that: this god hates gay people?

RSS

Forum

Narcissism test.

Started by Manjius Mcgayhon in Off-Topic. Last reply by pauL yesterday. 4 Replies

VLRESTLEMANIA II [SEASON FINALE]

Started by Manjius Mcgayhon in Fun & Games. Last reply by Manjius Mcgayhon on Sunday. 9 Replies

Latest Activity

Joé posted a status
"IPower's inactivity is a necessary price to save world hunger."
1 hour ago
pauL replied to Manjius Mcgayhon's discussion Narcissism test.
"You really don't need to answer for someone else."
yesterday
Merity replied to Manjius Mcgayhon's discussion Narcissism test.
"Your Total: 14 Authority: 3.00   Self-Sufficiency: 2.00   Superiority: 3.00   Exhibitionism: 0.00   Exploitativeness: 2.00   Vanity: 1.00   Entitlement: 3.00 "
yesterday
pauL replied to Manjius Mcgayhon's discussion Narcissism test.
"Scored a 4"
Monday
Joé replied to Manjius Mcgayhon's discussion Narcissism test.
"Good thread! in the spirit of the latest narcissist threads of IPower! I like it. The first step for IPower to become less narcissistic is to realize the issue that poisons us all. Total: 20 Authority: 6.00   Self-Sufficiency:…"
Monday
Manjius Mcgayhon posted a discussion

Narcissism test.

http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htmTake the test guys, let's see who wins.And by guys I mean Shiznit, and by wins I mean who's in 2nd place after him.My results:Your Total:…See More
Monday
Manjius Mcgayhon replied to Manjius Mcgayhon's discussion VLRESTLEMANIA II [SEASON FINALE]
"LE SEASON FINALE IS HEREEEEE AND MY LIFE IS COMPLETEEEEEE. It's over, I'm done with this for now, enjoy my last straw of free entertainment for a while."
Sunday
Manjius Mcgayhon posted a photo

Vlrestlemania II

Prepare your bodies.
Sunday
Manjius Mcgayhon left a comment for RIMILITIA
Saturday
Ahmed Alkooheji updated their profile
Friday
RIMILITIA posted a blog post
Friday
RIMILITIA posted a status
"“Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.” – written on the wall of a POW camp"
Friday

© 2014   Created by Reese Leysen.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service