Before you get mad, the title is relevant. Although perhaps slightly misleading...

My call to discussion today is around attention.

What ways can people suggest for weening oneself off the social drug that is attention? I find myself doing a lot of stupid shit and am beginning to wonder if its just for attention. Having become aware of it I'd like to make a change, so what suggestions have you got folks?

Oh, and its probably best if I mention that I'm in college. UK College that is. Sixth Form.

Thanks, look forward to some sound advise.

Tags: add, adhd, attention, attitude, social, society

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While the fools talk, the wise keep silent.

“If you wish to control others you must first control yourself” - Miyamoto Musashi

Now that you have gotten me thinking about this I may have the same sort of problem so if anyone one has any answers to this I will grateful as well.

Well, concerning me being so sarcastic and pissing people off and having no social contact. I suddenly stopped to do shit, i was really like in crowd, silent, right, tho no hypocrisy, i was just self controled, i was very aware, before i did or told someting i had thought a lot, like the possibilites and consequences(mainly).

Then the people, even girls i used to piss really off came to me and say hi, and we could chat. Then i was too over-robotic, no humour pretty serious, because with that i stopped gaming and never met gamers again. Now i went back to some gaming which pushed me back a bit, but i feel better, not pissing people off, being more aware and i will carry on. Thats mine story.

So i thought to myself - get your attraction and attention for your achievements, not pissing people of. Athene is my huge motivation with his work done - like charity, TTTT. he makes me be productive and aware.

RSS

Latest Activity

Vic left a comment for KitKat
"Welcome to ipower, KitKat. :)"
27 minutes ago
RIMILITIA left a comment for KitKat
"Greetings and Welcome to I-Power KitKat"
1 hour ago
KitKat is now a member of I Power
1 hour ago
Altra replied to Lore's discussion What motivates you to act?
"As far as self motivation goes: I feel like I've lost sight of something I had several years ago, and there are days where the only thing that motivates me to do anything is that I know I'll feel like garbage if I do nothing. So I act, and…"
7 hours ago
Kawaiijius replied to Altra's discussion Hello, again.
"Welcome to Ipower. This is kind of a haunted place, but you can get to know some cool people if you survive the ghosts and the collapsing ceilings etc. Feel free to post some of the stuff you write."
7 hours ago
Altra liked Jesse C's blog post Reading books
7 hours ago
Altra posted a discussion

Hello, again.

I've had an account on here for years, but I haven't been active aside from a brief stint in 2010. I know I probably don't know any of the faces on here, and am assuming none of you will know mine - so this is a reintroduction.I'm Jacob. I'm 23. I…See More
7 hours ago
Altra updated their profile
8 hours ago
Kawaiijius replied to Vic's discussion 30 DAY CHALLENGE! (Running)
"I demand an update. Don't let your fans down Vic."
10 hours ago
Sohrab replied to Aya's discussion What have you been thinking about recently?
"That I am in control of my life and the choices I make.  Deconstructing past negative thought patterns and habits, to achieve the goals I desire in my life.  Its not easy, but then again its not supposed to be.  Nothing is ever easy…"
16 hours ago
Ziggy Mack liked RIMILITIA's photo
yesterday
Ziggy Mack replied to Dardan Zeqiri's discussion What kind of tooth paste do you guys use?
"Rofl Joey; I personally took a break from the paste. Mouth swishing oil & tooth powder.  100% all-natural and safe!"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Reese Leysen.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service