Before you get mad, the title is relevant. Although perhaps slightly misleading...

My call to discussion today is around attention.

What ways can people suggest for weening oneself off the social drug that is attention? I find myself doing a lot of stupid shit and am beginning to wonder if its just for attention. Having become aware of it I'd like to make a change, so what suggestions have you got folks?

Oh, and its probably best if I mention that I'm in college. UK College that is. Sixth Form.

Thanks, look forward to some sound advise.

Tags: add, adhd, attention, attitude, social, society

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While the fools talk, the wise keep silent.

“If you wish to control others you must first control yourself” - Miyamoto Musashi

Now that you have gotten me thinking about this I may have the same sort of problem so if anyone one has any answers to this I will grateful as well.

Well, concerning me being so sarcastic and pissing people off and having no social contact. I suddenly stopped to do shit, i was really like in crowd, silent, right, tho no hypocrisy, i was just self controled, i was very aware, before i did or told someting i had thought a lot, like the possibilites and consequences(mainly).

Then the people, even girls i used to piss really off came to me and say hi, and we could chat. Then i was too over-robotic, no humour pretty serious, because with that i stopped gaming and never met gamers again. Now i went back to some gaming which pushed me back a bit, but i feel better, not pissing people off, being more aware and i will carry on. Thats mine story.

So i thought to myself - get your attraction and attention for your achievements, not pissing people of. Athene is my huge motivation with his work done - like charity, TTTT. he makes me be productive and aware.

RSS

Forum

Song Dedication Thread v2.0

Started by Kawaiijius in Fun & Games. Last reply by Vic on Thursday. 17 Replies

Here are all of my threads

Started by Dardan Zeqiri in Off-Topic. Last reply by Kawaiijius on Wednesday. 1 Reply

What kind of tooth paste do you guys use?

Started by Dardan Zeqiri in Off-Topic. Last reply by The Shiznit on Wednesday. 4 Replies

© 2014   Created by Reese Leysen.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service