Scientific Research & Self-Development Activism
I found this article and thought it was pretty interesting: http://truththeory.com/2012/02/10/revolutionaries-the-best-way-to-t...
It's pretty self-explanatory. Basically, it relates to how as activists we have to be engaged in coming up with something different to solve problems worldwide. As Einstein said: "We can't solve problems by using the same type of thinking we used when we created them."
Comments, questions, suggestions! Please discuss!
Excellent article and post! ;-)
"We can't solve problems by using the same type of thinking we used when we created them."
But what is the problem? Trading? Economy? Hierarchy? Greed? Richness? Poverty?
The value of money was made as a tool for easier trading. Creating evolution in craftsmanship, skills and goods. I don't think greed or hierarchy (including poverty) was even considered a big problem back then.
Right now poverty is not even close to home, it's in 3rd world countries. Even the people with only good intentions don't even see the problem any more. Problem being:
"In a world where 1 % of the population owns 40% of the planet's wealth, where 34,000 children die every single day from poverty and preventable diseases, and where 50% of the world's population lives on less than 2 and a half dollars a day, one thing is clear... Something is very wrong." - Peter Joseph
Later people, who were bitter with life and society, tried to find ways to exploit this system. For a very very long time in the catholic church, the priests said they (innocent hard working families) would go to hell if they didn't pay there indulgences. Creating major poverty, dominating the economy and even controlling the law system.
This is a fragment of the movie Daens, to show the working conditions in the late 19th century and to show the differences between the catholic church and socialists.
Enough about religion.
I disagree with Einstein's quote (not that he meant that)... if the problem is 'having an economy'.
Because that isn't the problem, it's the fundamentals of this economy require a complete overhaul.
We already achieved a technological evolution and an industrial evolution. No need to throw away all the misery people have went through in the past, to achieve a better future. (See the movie fragment)
I also very much believe that deep down, everyone is a good person. There is no such thing as evil, a bad nature, hell or satan. We people from the 21st century often have to combat stress, anxiety, fear,.. Just to keep up with society and to be able to live. Therefore creating emotional reactions (like extreme frustration) to others and themselves. These reactions aren't bad, they are just signs of people who could use some support and positive thinking. They aren't happy with there current reality, so help them change it.
Recently I was looking around The Zeitgeist Movement blog and found this very interesting article called: Beyond Capitalism - Looking To The Future
It's basically what I've been saying and thinking too. =P It's also where I found that quote of Peter Joseph.
Awesome comment Focking Original! I appreciate your reply! I agree that having an economy isn't at all a bad thing and that the current one is flawed on a fundamental level.
Fun fact: the word "economy" comes from the Greek word "oikonomia," which means "household management." It raises questions about how we are managing the resources on this planet when it is so difficult for a vast majority of people to get the very basic necessities of life while others have no problems at all. What I meant by putting Einstein's quote there is that we need think outside the box in order to better understand the problem to come up with long-term if not permanent solutions instead of temporary quick-fixes that may last only a few years. My guess to some of the causes of some of the major problems the world is facing is that a lot of us uphold and perpetuate a very distorted value system and those distorted values comes from the environment in which people live in. Example: People stomp on other people to death uncaring of whether or not they are hurting others during black Fridays to buy TVs, putting value of the TVs over human life.
Great article btw! Love the content you put on this comment :D
Just as a btw, for further etymology...(i studied ancient greek)
The word economy comes from oikonomia (οἰκονομία) which derives from the earlier words oikos (οἶκος) and nomos (νόμοs).
Oikos meaning household and nomos meaning laws/rules.
The ancient greek oikonomia is concerned primarily with a persons own family/home as much as is necessary, and the wider scale of managing resources outwith the household is generally not to be considered from this word.
The modern economics is self-defined, totally different from the old oikonomia, or oikos nomos.
Anyway, thats enough etymology :P
Cool. Thanks Adam. :D
Thanks for both replies. I really appreciate it.
I think the biggest problems are materialism and illusions of happiness created by the media and stimulated by the government. Don't forget loans and people trying to secure there wealth in the future (by saving money). Repost but this sums it up:
The future has no limits, therefor any event (e.g. world war 3, natural disaster, a revolution in 2nd and 3rd world countries, ..), can cause another massive deflation of the value of money. Like what happened during & after world war 2.
Money and securing your future is therefor an illusion. But right now the sad reality is that money is power & might.
If money has an expiration date, then money keeps going in circulation, therefor preventing greed caused by insecurity of todays society.
What also would help is separation of every countries economic system. So they can see that the poverty around them is by there doing.
If that's not possible anymore, we need (global) equality on time and energy we invest into our work versus the money we can live on.
Doing nothing, means no paycheck, unless the person needs medical attention or has a special medical condition. But society should always try to include these people in free-will jobs or regular jobs (nullifying there paycheck from the government, maximizing there mental health).
Also people from the future parliament get that job, because they want the best for mankind, not because they get elected by popularity and not because they want the power nor the money. Because every job is equal. This job won't get you a higher paycheck. But more honor.
Definitely eye-opening. Thanks for sharing :)
This concept does work at an individual level. New level of thinking is needed to solve problems created at the current level of thought. I assume this means different perspective must be taken in viewing and solving the problems that humans face today.
I see it as humans are now beginning to realize the extent of the destruction they have caused over the earth for so long. It is really tragic that a lot of people in the world are not able to get a good life and for some it is not their fault exactly. People are born into a system. A system of religion, a system of poverty, a system of wealth, a system of abuse. It can be difficult to escape such systems, but what is the journey in this life?
This journey in life is painful I agree. We are the creators of our own success and our own destruction. If people want to change the world then they can do the following:
1. Understand themselves: Know about their own strengths, weaknesses, and character flaws
2. Interact with as many people as possible. Just try and give value and have a good time. So many people are stuck in this mind frame of looking like a failure, or they are worried about their ego. They all live in these closed off world. Avoiding human contact as much as possible. This is ridiculous. Just be amused and happy.
3. Follow your passion in life. Stop trying to please your mom and dad, and society so much. Do what you love and that makes you happy first and then fulfill your obligations to society. What everyone should aim for is figuring out a way to make their work their play. For me I love interacting with people. If I can become a marketer or sales person or a manager of a company that would be my ideal job. I could communicate constantly with individuals throughout the day.
4. Everyone should have their down time. A moment to reflect on their lives. They should cut the fat meaning things that are not so important in life. It is about coming to realization that reading this article, or watching this television show,, or playing this video game has no benefit for you then just stop. Being focused and moving your energy to what you want to do is ideal. At the end of the day you should be like "Wow I had such a great day today."
5. Enough with all this quick fix bullshit. Everyone wants to get great results really fast. Success is a slow process and it requires patience in the journey. There are some hurdles here and there, but that is okay. As long as we keep at it we will reach our goals. It is such a big problem people start some activity and then they give it up.
6. I am tired of how our society is fixed with purchasing junk food. I believe if everyone started eating more healthier foods then junk food would disappear. We can try and limit our spending on garbage, or we can buy locally. Learn about nutrition. Use your body to its fullest potential. Lack of sleep! Days of low energy! It is like living every single day sick. Never stop learning about how you can have more energy, more vitality, and more strength.
7. Finally people should try and find role models. People they can look up to and learn about what they did to achieve the success they are currently at. Yet these role models should be good role models. So many dumb people following mainstream media trying to get role models like Lady gaga, or some weird shit like that.
Anyways I hope whoever reads this has gotten some value from this. It is refined knowledge of self development at its finest. There is of course methods one can use that are an entire discussion of their own. Hopefully if I inspire at least one individual to live by these principals and they inspire other individuals it can be a catalyst that could bring change all over the world. Anyways I know this is big post, but I am sure people can derive great value, so read it again if you need to. Sometimes people read advice, and they don't like it, but that is okay. Use what you agree with and, don't use what you disagree with. Simple as that. Anyways take care and I love all of you...
P.S. It is great to remind yourself of these principals day after day, so they stay fresh in ones memories. Change happens when good things become a habit.