This paper is an introduction to the main paper Fuzzy Semantic Analysis. It still has a few errors and is still a work in progress.

Abstract

With the invention of Fuzzy Logic and Possibility Theory a more practical approach to

NLP based IR systems retrofitted with conventional search engines is indeed plausible. These

powerful tools allow for low cost approximations involving highly dynamic and complex systems

such as the World Wide Web. They also open a gateway to the Natural Language Processing

forefront of Information Retrieval. Through such methods semantic analysis is feasible at low

cost and can potentially yield increases in recall and precision while decreasing overload and

mismatch.

SEARCH ENGINES: An Introduction to Fuzzy Semantic Analysis https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aNUUCC_Ed7wvl9ugqbANsmVWQaATbKA...

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

just skimmed over it - will prob. read it in detail after the exams.

Isn't google allready doing stuff like that? (- In the End the language tools where established because of that ?!?)

No language tools just translate one language into another. Google's main algorithm is actually a secret supposedly including over a hundred variables. So how they magically do the trick is widely unknown but I believe google has right

out said they do not use NLP.

Maybe not directly but I think you would wonder :) [ http://research.google.com/pubs/papers.html ]

and then there is wolfram

nevertheless - next comment will be after some reading :)

Such a pity that there there is no one commenting here :( :(

Skimmed over it again - the more I read, the more I think I heard from the concept that you are describing here in the dust of google/wolfram...

Also interesting - you're the first "source" for me that doesn't explains fuzzy logic with the help of zadehs paper :) - probably need to look John Yeh up...

NLP on the other hand is new for me (not used in my field of study?) but seems to be quite exciting - what will you do with this paper/what is it for?
At first, I was trying to figure out how you were going to incorporate neuro-linguistic programming haha. I went through a good bit of your paper, but got a little lost because I have had minimal exposure to internet programming.  But anyway, this is a really interesting field of study that has only recently gotten widespread attention after Watson premiered on Jeopardy. I would also suggest Wolfram's TED Talks, if you have not already seen it. http://www.ted.com/talks/stephen_wolfram_computing_a_theory_of_ever...

Cutting edge of A.I.

hmhm - to quote myself "Skimmed over it again - the more I read, the more I think I heard from the concept that you are describing here in the dust of google/wolfram..."
The paper is an introduction to a larger idea using a new mathematical framework that is intertwined with human reasoning and our language in order to build technology that can mimic our own potential. It's practical AI.
Imagine the capability to create programs from simple Natural Language input. My largest goal is to find the fundamental relationships between all languages, Natural, Formal, and Constructed, which include Mathematics and Programming. If every person had the capability to create powerful and complex programs like the ones you see Google, Wolfram Alpha, Microsoft, etc use it would be revolutionary.

RSS

Forum

CAPTAIN SEBULBA JONSON'S 30 DAY CHALLENGE

Started by Captain Sebulba Jonson in I Power: Self-Development Activism. Last reply by Clark Kant 2 hours ago. 6 Replies

Song Dedication Thread v2.0

Started by Clark Kant in Fun & Games. Last reply by RIMILITIA on Tuesday. 24 Replies

Latest Activity

Clark Kant replied to Captain Sebulba Jonson's discussion CAPTAIN SEBULBA JONSON'S 30 DAY CHALLENGE
"It's a German hat."
2 hours ago
Captain Sebulba Jonson replied to Captain Sebulba Jonson's discussion CAPTAIN SEBULBA JONSON'S 30 DAY CHALLENGE
"What's with the hat?"
12 hours ago
Clark Kant updated their profile
15 hours ago
Clark Kant replied to Captain Sebulba Jonson's discussion CAPTAIN SEBULBA JONSON'S 30 DAY CHALLENGE
"This book scares me, it digs through the darkest parts of my soul. Sometimes it pauses and makes me laugh, but then it quickly goes back to the digging and I become afraid taking LSD with my friend would have been a better idea. I would bet on most…"
15 hours ago
"Holy shit the book is done?!"
Saturday
Captain Sebulba Jonson replied to Captain Sebulba Jonson's discussion CAPTAIN SEBULBA JONSON'S 30 DAY CHALLENGE
"Ehhh..."
Saturday
David Csontos commented on Bruce K. Walker's blog post Acknowledgements - Bachir, Reese, and all of you guys.
"hey im Hungarian too! and dude thats freakin awesome you cited bachir i love it"
Friday
Victoria Iron posted a photo
Friday
elcharno updated their profile
Thursday
elcharno joined The Shiznit's group
Thumbnail

Transhumanism

A Group for raising awareness of all things related to H+ and Transhumanism.See More
Thursday
Profile Iconelcharno, Ewil S. G., Atılım Atılgan and 2 more joined I Power
Wednesday
Bruce K. Walker's blog post was featured

Acknowledgements - Bachir, Reese, and all of you guys.

Dear Everyone, First of all, thanks to you all. This year I successfully graduated, due in no small part to this community, as well as to Bachir and Reese. I hope this medium to be the proper place to express my acknowledgements, but if not, then…See More
Wednesday

© 2014   Created by Reese Leysen.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service