So I came a cross this subject and started wondering, has anyone tried this? Did it work?

In a nutshell, subliminal message is a message hidden inside another medium. For example flashing a word in a video for a fraction of a second, or so called "25th frame". Conscious mind can't recognize it, but it still affects our subconscious mind. It's widly used in marketing, both visually and with audio. There are dozens of all kinds of products which use this technique, like for example quitting smoking or losing weight.

So I got a subliminal recording software and started playing with it, mainly for boosting my positive thinking and confidence level.

For more info:

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-Are-Custom-Subliminal-Messages?&...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_message

Views: 945

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’ll go and trust the person above me on that scarr again correct actually it depends on what you do it for.
yvan eht nioj
It's only from the simpsons episode, along with "there are three types of messaging, subliminal, liminal, and superliminal" "superliminal? What's that?" "Hey you! Join the navy!"
I think that study is more in reference to people tending toward a product that may be aesthetically pleasing or familiar rather than actual subliminal messages.

I was under the impression that subliminal messaging didn't work or had an impact so small that it was not really worth getting into. I also thought that in case it does work, companies were not actually supposed to use it. I don't really have any information to back this up but I vaguely remember reading that in the past.

It would be very interesting to use to boost positive thinking and confidence. However I think using what is essentially a crutch to do so may not be the best. Although I doubt some one could actually become reliant on subliminal messaging as a source of positive thinking.
What do you mean sublimnial? Like mind control? Lol.

Dude you have alot of control over yourself that includes positive thinking and confidence their are a bit of physcology behind the marketing that businesses and people uses to help promote their products or services
Subliminals are great - sure they're one tool in the process - I've used them for over a year and have one running now on the sceen (a movie I made about my goals).

I totally love the way you can change what your subconscious has to work with....I've changed so much of my life in terms of self confidence, who I attract (I'm a single male, my last g/f was very cool), my income - yes I've got a way to go but it's all changing for the better.

REPETITION is the key word - do it every day in as many forms as you can. Making my subliminal helped affirm the ideas I had.

Know what you want and repeatedly:

- see yourself with those things (one of the big things here is to be happy for others when you see them with what you want)

- hear yourself talking about it - I record myself on my phone describing things in my subliminal (like how grateful I am to be me etc), and play them back as I go to work on the bus. I grin when I 'hear' my subliminal.

- start a new habit because of it - like meditation and begin to wipe the old you away (I visualise my subliminal movie)

- listen to great speakers (Wayne Dyer is on the bus with me), read great books and

- know WHY you're doing it and NEVER forget it....it's all about who you REALLY want to be yea?? So if you want to be sitting on the same seat in in 10 years time - its totally fine to do nothing now!

- LOVE YOURSELF FIRST and know why you're changing what you've been programmed with - know that others put that crap in your head and that you can get it out - (NOW is the time to spring clean)

- and if you're lazy like me, get REALLY MAD about it being there creating your habits and KNOW you won't stop till it's gone and you're free to be you (what fires my focus and "mad dog with a bone" determination is time and my kids)

- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - LOVE the process of change and celebrate each victory....I love my subliminal movie.....thanks for the chance to share!
One more...
I would agree that the words GOVERNMENT and POLITICS are not the subliminal definition that the author of this topic was intending. He is referring to visual and audio marketing techniques.

There is far too much evidence to dispute that marketers ( & artists) are using these techniques and have been for years. I personally believe that these subliminal techniques do have varying degrees of influence. (especially in video & sound)

You should read some old Wilson Bryan Keys books.... (Subliminal Seduction, Media Sexploitation, Clam-Plate Orgy) They're very interesting,

haha Coca Cola did this, marketing FTW
The 25t6h frame does not work, they tried but no success, so that is fiction but there are other ways.
>.> I thought there had to be a conscious recognition of the message in order for it to lay an imprint.

RSS

Forum

girls playing wow.

Started by amy in Off-Topic. Last reply by Merity yesterday. 41 Replies

Why was the Soviet Union bad?

Started by Alan in Off-Topic. Last reply by The Shiznit yesterday. 57 Replies

Latest Activity

Merity replied to JD's discussion Bong Boy… Does it matter?
"yeah xD if they legalize it they can't send the hundreds of thousands of minorities to prison for years and years  it's more fun to b rebellliious! like getting drunk at 14! "
yesterday
Merity replied to amy's discussion girls playing wow.
"The womens just want attention. Men actually go to play the game. "
yesterday
The Shiznit replied to Alan's discussion Why was the Soviet Union bad?
yesterday
Profile IconLiudas Koncakivskij, SlushGuppy and Rana Alnaser joined I Power
yesterday
Merity replied to Peter Pan's discussion "Safe" Recreational Drugs
""well, cocaine was in Coca Cola :Pumm" Cocaine, heroine, meth- all hard drugs have been legal at some point. Just goes to show that everything can have a great purpose! Drugs aren't the problem- I think all drugs should be legal. "
yesterday
Merity replied to Alan's discussion Why was the Soviet Union bad?
"I know right? Some people never can get over things. So some people died. People die everyday.  And you're right, soviet politicians had about as many benefits as the average citizen. Great reply!"
yesterday
shod4n updated their profile
Monday
Liudas Koncakivskij shared Merity's video on Facebook
Monday
Liudas Koncakivskij liked Merity's video
Monday
Liudas Koncakivskij liked Aspiral Architect's group Net Neutrality Watchdog
Monday
Merity posted a video
Friday
Shane is now a member of I Power