If a person is usually sleeping at the start of a nychthemeron, we could say that starting to analyse it, it would be a straightful and plain starting point for self development. Since there are many websites writing about sleep, there is no need to write everything about it here. Because of this reason, I'm giving just a brief information about sucking out as much as possible out of sleep.
- The circadian clock can be manipulated several ways. A more effective way than of using brightness of the environment is food. Your body will consider it is morning, having no food for 16 hours. This could be a quick way to adjust to a new time zone.
- We tend to have a better memory before sleep, so it would be a good idea to study at this time.
- While asleep it would be for the better to keep the window open so we could get fresh air and there would be enough oxygen in our rooms.
- In order to remember what you have been dreaming, you have to ask yourself of what did you dream instantly after waking up. It is possible to learn lucid dreaming (realising that you are dreaming, while still asleep). The most effective way to do it, is to wake up and in about 20-60 minutes get back to sleep. This is called WBTB technique, if you will try it, I suggest you would find out more about it.
- What we dream is not chaotic. I am not talking right now about some pseudoscientific bullfeces. Dreams can be interpreted into what the dreamer was thinking when dreaming. Only thing is that the person has to do is to interpret what he experienced himself. Do not surf the internet for what did a certain thing mean that you saw in your dream.
- Our sleep can be separated into several stages. Timing the right stage a person can wake up feeling more fresh. There is a website that can help you do the math.